Welcome to Ohariu Valley Horse Trekking & Equestrian Centre (formally the Country Club Riding Academy) – Wellington's premier horse trekking adventure experience, saddlery and horse feed retail shop, horse grazing and leasing.
Escape the city and enjoy memorable horseback adventures with our range of horse treks, which are guided by our friendly, experienced staff. We are the number 1 horse feed and saddlery retailer in Wellington, having been in the business since 1963.
Located in the heart of Ohariu Valley, only 20 minutes drive from Wellington City.
- 600 acres of beautiful farmland to trek over.
- A saddlery shop & grain store, that has a large range of equestrian supplies and horse feed.
- Saddleback Cafe – a licensed cafe with outdoor and indoor dining (currently closed until Friday 18th May).
- Horse grazing and leasing options.
- Activities for younger children – pony hire in our outdoor sand arena, playground, eel feeding!
We welcome people of any age and riding experience to the calm of the country in this secret pocket of Wellington - all within a 20 minute drive from Wellington city.
Our on-site saddlery shop and grain store is simply the best-stocked specialty horse feed and saddlery store in Wellington.
Open 10.00am - 6.00pm weekdays and 9.00am - 6.00pm weekends (except some public holidays)
Telephone bookings essential on 04 478 8472
"From the time of our initial enquiry until the time we left you, we were shown every courtesy. Your horses are obviously well cared for and your staff are a credit to you". - Linda Widdis